Thursday, November 10, 2011

Portland--aaaat last!!!

Dear Reader,

Natalie went through the temple this last weekend (because she's going on a MISSION! Sapporo Japan watch out!). Because I'm something of a temple junkie, and because Natalie is like the most amazing person ever, I flew out to Portland to go through with her.

I'd never been to Portland before, which Natalie constantly reminded me of these past few years. But no more! Now I've been! And I love it.

We'll do this trip in installments.

I left last Friday and had two layovers. One was for like 3 1/2 hours in Detroit--so I got to stop by home for a bit! When I saw Mittens I realized how different she looks compared to Bailey. As in--her tail is tiny and she's fat, and he has the poof of a raccoon. See for yourself:


(She wasn't really cooperating for pictures.)



Anyway. It was awesome to see the family. I also had a layover in Salt Lake...so pretty much I stopped off at every spot in the country that I've lived. Whatevs.

Once I got to Portland--the magic began!!!!

On Saturday Sister Crofts made us waffles before we headed off to the temple! And the temple was fantastic. It's seriously the best place ever and I'm so glad that Natalie's endowed now!


Afterward, Natalie, her friend Melissa, and I went to dinner at this really good restaurant on the waterfront. 


And then Natalie and I went to 23rd street to get gelato and stop by Lush (which I will forever associate with London, where I was when I discovered it). 


I was very tired by the end of that day, thanks to the jet lag. I got better, though. No worries. 

Stay tuned for Portland: Day 2!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I'm so glad you went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props for blogging before me!

    And for coming to visit me in the first place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm so glad you've been to Portland! Isn't the temple GORGEOUS? Definitely the best temple ever ;) I hope you got to go to Powell's books!

    ReplyDelete