Sunday, September 12, 2010

Changing Seasons

Dear Reader,

One of my favorite seasons in Michigan is the fall. The best part is picking apples, pumpkins and eating donuts and apple cider. Last year I tried my hardest to find a pumpkin patch in Utah where I could fulfill any or all of those requirements. And what I found was a huge disappointment. Luckily, I was home in Michigan for labor day weekend when the orchards open for the fall! It was wonderful.








We had to ride a tractor to get to the place where we picked the apples.








Our loot.


What a pumpkin patch should look like, Utah. Don't advertise picking a pumpkin at a pumpkin patch if you plan on just putting a bunch of pumpkins together in a pile. It's really not that exciting.


A corn maze.


There was a part of the cider mill that was for children. I'm going to say it was at least ten times more exciting than the children's attractions at the place I went to in Utah. I mean, seriously, Utah. A box filled with corn kernels? That doesn't exactly scream fun to me. Michigan's cider mill had a bounce house. I'm just saying.


This was the most delicious donut I've ever eaten. I am now ready for fall to begin.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm really craving cider. And a functional fall pumpkin experience. This is your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most delicious donut you've ever eaten?? Really? I mean, it was a good donut, but the best you've ever eaten? Wow.

    ReplyDelete