Sunday, May 16, 2010

Please, thoroughly check your sources

Dear Reader,

I've officially finished my first week interning at Deseret Book.

It. Is. Awesome.

I've essentially been source checking all week, which basically means I look up the author's sources and make sure punctuation, spelling, word order, and citation is all consistent with the original work. Sound boring? Nerd alert: I love it. I am so excited to be an editor. Even though I haven't been working with kids books, I've still been having so much fun.

Also, John Bytheway sits in the desk next to me at work. Random.





















This is a picture of where I work.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're enjoying your job. It's okay to be a Word Nerd. Jim & I read the local paper every day and wish someone were proofing it (which I realize isn't exactly what you do, but still...).

    Looking forward to more blog posts...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but we're gonna be checking your spelling.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Annie! I saw your blog on facebook and decided to check it out. I'm excited about your intern! Sounds like everything is going well, which is great! After this one and the Friend, you'll be more than qualified for the real world. =) Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete